Friday, May 6, 2016

Featured Designer: Shona Chambers


It's Friday and Shona is back with another fantastic post for you!

Hi everyone and thanks so much for joining me for my third ‘CASology – Featured Designer’ post. This time I thought I would show you some of my favourite CAS cards from 2015/16. I’ve had a lot of fun with the CASology ‘Code Words’ over the past two years and thought I would save my funnier cards for my last post next week.

The first card is one of my most popular cards EVER that I’ve made. I made it last year for a Virginia’s View ‘Geometric’ challenge and wasn’t actually going to link it because I wasn’t sure if it would be liked by anyone. My Instagram feed and blog exploded with comments and I was blown away by how much everyone liked it. I didn’t think I had done enough with the design as it’s a die-cut with patterned paper behind it but it goes to show that sometimes simple is all that’s needed. So try not to doubt your designs like I always do!!


The second card is a one-layer card I created for a Hero Arts challenge. When I first started making cards I HATED making one-layer cards. I could never think of an interesting design and it never seemed to have enough interest. Now, after lots more practice, inspiration from bloggers I follow and now owning better ink pads, one-layer cards are now some of my favourite cards to make!! You can make them so interesting, even if your using the same stamp over and over. And I recently realised that black ink isn’t just for outlines, it makes for great ‘fill in detail’ using the tiniest of stamps between the bigger images. May Park has been a huge inspiration for my one-layer cards and if you haven’t visited her blog before (Mayholic Crafts), then rush over now to be wowed by her card making skills.


I have a couple more of my favourite cards on my blog and also a card for this weeks CASology ‘Move’ challenge, so I hope to see you there. And will meet you back here for the last time next Friday to have a laugh at some of my quirky CASology entries from the past.

Head on over to her blog to see more of her wonderful work!

3 comments:

  1. I can see why everyone commented on the. Hi' card it truly is eye catching. Love them both and off to see what else you have done.

    ReplyDelete