Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week #5: POND


It's time to dive into another challenge here at CASology and what could be more fun than a few days at the POND? I wonder if any of you have fond childhood memories that come to mind with this word? We'd love to hear about them if you do!

Let's see what the design team has created for this week!  Joyce, last week's winner, is joining us as our guest designer!

Guest Designer:  Joyce

design defined:
I used the frog as my focal point, and balanced him out with a sentiment in the opposite corner.  There is still room for lots of textured white space.



design defined:
I find that I always mat my cards. It doesn't interfere with the CAS style, but it does add a bit of depth and the card doesn't end up looking too plain.  I added glitter to my froggie's crown to add some extra pop.



design defined:
Use whatever you've got to achieve the look you want.  I used some oval nestabilities and a black fine-tip marker to create the pond and lily pad.


Jen

design defined:
The repetition of shapes helps to keep the design simple.



design defined:
A touch of texture and a monochromatic color scheme can be enough without adding a single embellishment!


Rosemary

design defined:
Placement of your image and sentiment in a CAS design is key and this is easily done by creating a visual triangle.


Now go have fun and don't forget to link up your POND creations by Sunday at noon (CST)!


7 comments:

  1. Toadily fun cards and challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it OK to enter more than once? If not I will delete one of my entries but the cue card just got me on a wave of creativity!!
    Thanks

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to enter as many times as you'd like! :)

      Delete
  3. FUN!!! - wonderful cards by DT and the entries are brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge - and super DT cards too! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderfull entries by DT, this is a waterproof challenge..super, iam in.

    ReplyDelete