Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week #2: HAPPY

After an amazing first week, it's time for another cue word here at CASology and this one should bring a smile to your faces!  You sure put smiles on ours!  Thank you so much!

Your word for the week:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember:

1. Take the cue word and run with it! Interpret it however you'd like! Just be sure and keep things clean and simple!

2. Deadline is Sunday at noon (CST) to link up your project here on the challenge blog. Be sure to provide a link to the CASology blog within your blog post!

3. Feel free to combine this challenge with other challenges. 


A Winner and 4 Honorable Mentions will be announced Monday!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some inspiration from the design team to get you started:



Jen

design defined:
While this card looks a bit busy, using the rule of 3 helps to keep it CAS and balanced.  There are 3 main elements (star, happy and blue strip) and three each of the red and blue gems which bring the colours together.  I also love the simplicity of the primary colours!


design defined:
I initially thought I was going to put the party hat on a smiley face, but after playing with it a bit, I realized it was just too much.  That's the beauty of CAS...a little is enough.  I created a little interest by alternating the colors in the sentiment and applying some glitter to the slightly tilted hat.


Rosemary

design defined:
Even though I chose to have a somewhat large focal point I still kept things very CAS by using just the small bee as an accent and positioning the word on the lower half of my card front.


Tracey

design defined:
When creating this card I was planning to emboss the main panel. Once I finished my stamping and adhered the pennants it felt right.  Matting the panel with cheery paper that co-ordinates with the stamping ties the card together and still keeps the card CAS.


design defined:
Is there such a thing as too CAS? I played with this card for a while, adding elements and taking them away, thinking that it might be just too simple. But in the end, this iconic image just really wanted to stand alone. Sometimes the most important thing is to know when to stop!


Now go have fun!  We can't wait to see your HAPPY cards!

16 comments:

  1. Oh how FUN!!! Melissa's card is my absolute FAVOURITE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards from the DT! Love this fun challenge - now, if I could only find some time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic examples of this challenge. Hope I can find time to play too. With such a great word, how can anyone not want to play?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPS when linking mine I put "my entry" as the title when I SHOULD have put my name!!! Ah well - I hope people will come visit me anyway

    Loving the one word inspiration to the themes CASologites!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new challenge blog! I'm excited to play along. Great inspiration by the DT too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liking the new blog and challenges, forgot to play along last week though, must try and remember! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant concept for these challenges - really hope to play this week :)

    Beautiful inspiration cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you... do the entries have to be cards? This inspires me to make a scrapbook layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another amazing challenge and more amazing DT inspiration!!!! FABULOUS, girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the cards - I'll not have chance to join in for the next 2 or 3 weeks due to a lot of travelling, appointments and deadlines but I'll be dropping in to see everyone's creations when I get chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my, another great challenge! I could make HAPPY cards all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the cool new challenge. LOVE all the inspiring DT cards. I found you today via Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a fun challenge!!!
    and fantastic DT inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad I found this challenge! The DT samples are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete